2013년 2월 11일 월요일

These are a few of my favorite things


The day is very ripe and I am on the 17th page of Ranciere's Disagreement. I disagree with having to read this book in a day. I should have scheduled the week better, and set aside at least 2 days (sigh). Hopefully, I'll get around to reading at least a half of the book before class tomorrow. 

Anyways, today's post is just to get me a little happier. A few of my favorite things. So, here goes the list.

I like being here, in my cozy little house.
I like coffee, tea, any kind of beverage that will wake me up,
I like to read...but at the moment, am struggling with this text I've never heard of before now
I like to cook, although when crunched for time, I'll just whip something up without thinking about the joy of cooking. Usually, the thought of the two of us sharing that dish in front of the TV makes the labor (?) really enjoyable. 

I like to travel, as you all know by now, and to take pictures while traveling.
The above "still life" picture was taken in Europe (although you can't really tell). It was a way of recording that day-- I had bought that pink beret, and the heart key chain of the hotel I was staying at was so cute, I just had to put it in the frame. And the spectacular pattern on the curtain! I think the name of the hotel had something to do with salt. What's the french word for salt? That was the name of the hotel..


I like to see the colors blue and yellow together,
which explains my love of taking pictures of the sky with the artificial lights of the city. Really, just that few moments right after the sun has "gone to bed" (as the characters in Sound of Music say), the color of the sky kills me. It's so blue and so beautiful, there are no words I can describe it with.

I like the shape of my partner's hands. (One of the reasons I fell for this guy)
I like the sound of my keyboards going crazy, as my thought develops...but not so much the sound of the delete button erasing the nonsense I put on the blank screen.

I like the distant sound of cars passing by-- yes, I am a city girl at heart. But, living in West Lafayette has actually made me lesser of a city gal...Now, when I'm back in Seoul, the incessant noise of the city and its dwellers drive me nuts. I worry about going back this summer...(but I'm also looking forward to it).

And so, here are a few of my favorite things. I'm entirely cheered up. Life is worth living, since it requires me only 10 minutes to fall desperately in love with it again. Thus, back to the book, pronto!

2013. 2. 11

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기