2013년 2월 17일 일요일

new bracelets! :)



Like I said, I like to make things with beads.
And a few days ago (last week..) it came to a stage where I could just no longer read, no longer prep for my ENG106 classes, no longer patient enough to keep on commenting on the student papers I had to grade. I wished that I could disappear, vanish to a space where work is nonexistent, where I no longer have to worry about getting certain things accomplished, and where I could enjoy a few hours, at least, of peace and serenity away from the everyday tasks of being a TA and a grad student. So, I said, why not give that space to myself? I knew that I could not really afford the time, but I also knew that if I don't succumb to such desires every now and then, I would break. Breaking would be no fun, right? I'm trying to justify my having been lazy for a few hours. How pathetic. With that said-- here are the pieces I came up with that night.


point bead for this piece is the red sard. I really love sards--they are so pretty!
And the dangling bird is a hummingbird. Therefore, the name of this bracelet, will be..."hum a tune for me" I love giving my pieces dorky names:p

The greenish beads are African turquoise, a gemstone I really love. Blue (or skyblue) turquoises are more common, but I came across this stone at Vons! :) Yay! The spaces in between (the silver stuff) is probably metal. Got those also at Vons. What would have I done, if Vons did not exist?


This is what it looks like when you wear it. :)




And the second one, is similar yet different.
I used the same turquoise stone and the same silver spacers, but instead of the hummingbird, I added a nicely engraved metal ball near the clasp. It dangles! The orangish point stone is carnelian. (It's said that carnelian will give you strength, and will bring you power. I don't know where I heard this though, so I should double check.)


Oh, and the clear green stone is green onyx, another stone I really like. The rest of the stones come from a bundle, so sadly, I don't know what exactly they are, but I am assuming that they are picture jaspers and whatnot. :)


Today's last piece!
green and orange chipstones (I forgot the name of those) with crystal cut rondelles (metal brown) and the sky blue nugget stones are amazonite! They are so pretty, I plan on ordering a string or two later this month. :)

Oh, and if anyone is curious about the funny tiger in the background, that's a ceramic piece made by my little sister (who is an art major, proper!)


Another photo to show off the details in sunlight.

As always, I must now return to work (grading), but enjoy!
If you like any of the three pieces, give me a nudge, okay? I'd be flattered.

2. 17. 2013

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기