2013년 2월 21일 목요일

I promise, I'll treat you to coffee



I came back from two classes, and I am exhausted. So, a short posting on what I miss the most about my hometown (which is oceans away): cafes!!!

I am content in West Lafayette, despite it being a bland town. It's okay, since I don't need a lot of excitement in my life. The texts I am required to read are enough as it is-- there is no time to go anywhere, anyway. But, I do miss those wonderful cafes in Seoul, especially those near Yonsei and Hondae. I have a few favorite spots-- and the pics today were taken at a cafe named "Thanks Nature," cafe near Hongik University.




I don't know what it is with Koreans and coffee, but the city has so many, you just need to walk 2 minutes and run into one. Which means, you have a variety of cafes to choose from. Not like here: if I want a nice cup of coffee, I have to choose between two-_-; I know..there are other places..but it's not within my walking distance! Urgh! Just last Sunday, I had to make a change of plans because the two cafes available were full of people. On a Sunday morning! Can't Greyhouse just expand? Or, can't anyone open a new cafe near our campus? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

So, grumble grumble. If I had special powers, I would just bring one or two (I don't even need more!) cafes from back home, and plant it in West Lafayette. While I'm at it, I should also bring some of my favorite restaurants. More about that later though. :)

When you come to Seoul, I'll make sure to take you to my favorite spots. One is called "Raintree" (it's near Ewha Univ) and they have the best hot chocolate (European style, is it? They melt real chocolate, so you actually have to spoon it!). And the owners are friendly with me, which means they usually give us some treats while we jabber away-- the last time I was there (last Summer), they gave us a nice stack of pancakes (with ice cream on top!) made from scratch. Ah-- the times! Oh, and they have hot apple cinnamon tea they actually make themselves!


picture of a beloved friend at Raintree:) (she was drinking milk tea)

so, if you ever come to Seoul (when I'm there), I'll take you to those places. I promise.

2. 21. 2013.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기