2013년 2월 26일 화요일

recycled glass beads bracelets

 I've been interested in upcycling, as you already know.
And I was sad that I was not crafty enough to take on those awesome projects, like transforming ties into bags and making glasses out of wine bottles. But, I figured, by buying recycled glass beads, I might be able to say that I've been upcycling..? :)
So, here are the products of my obsession.

This one, I've named "mint latte" :)
I used two different shades of glass beads-- soft mint, and two tangy green  beads. Both are really pretty-- I like that these are opaque. The rest of the stones used are crystals (czech crystal rondeles), and I used a toggle clasp at the end of the bracelet.





 Here's a similar one, in a different color.
I'm calling this one "lemon and ginger" :)
It should look awesome when Spring comes (...it's so cold outside today-- when the heck is spring coming?)



The soft yellow green round you see linked with the lemon glass, is also made of recycled glass. I wanted a bigger round bead, but come to think of it-- you can't make big glass balls if you are recycling bottles-- bottles can't be that thick, right? :( Sad, but will have to work with what people can make...



And this is what the toggle looks like-- it's a heart shaped toggle!




 And the last piece-- this one has purple (mauve?) glass beads, along with some yellows and some oranges. I had a difficult time coming up with this color scheme-- it took me more time to make this one than the two above. (I started using green beads, but for some reason, it didn't look quite right!) This one, I'm calling "sangria"-- the bottles were probably wine bottles anyway! :)

The opaque yellow stones (there's two) are colored jades. :)
And this is how it looks when you wear it.


I don't do etsy, because I make things irregularly when I am inspired/ when I have time, but if you like any of those, just say the word, and let's make one yours! :) If you want set earrings to go with them, I make earrings too! :)

I hope you guys all enjoyed these-- spring is just around the corner!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기